Monday, February 21, 2011

College = High School (except with money)

I think with every passing day I begin to hate college more...I guess it is college directly that is to blame for my hatred, but all the things you have to endure to get through college, which mostly includes working a part-time job to pay for in the first place and driving/travelling roughly 3hrs every day to get to and from college/university. College is basically like my high school experience except for it costs money. If it didn't I wouldn't have to work and could probably just live on campus. If this were the case, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I wouldn't have to constantly recheck my schedule to make sure I meet the numerous deadlines.

I used to think that I wanted to get a PhD or something, but that seems to be rapidly changing. Every day I wonder why I am doing this. I know that I love computers, learning and want to start my own trivia some day (emphasis on "some day", seeing as I have still not made much progress...). I also know that in order to make a decent living you need a bachelor's degree in something. I don't think I have ever given up on something that is major as this and I don't plan on doing so. However, now it has come down to one simple question How do I get this over as quickly as possible so that I can start making some money and get some real job experience? Maybe when I can afford graduate school I will go back (especially if my employer will pay me to do it)? I am just too exhausted. I just want to be able to go home and not worry about anything but getting to work on time. If I can afford a nice computer and lots of delicious food, then I think I will be content. Anyhow, I really should stop ranting and do my homework before I fail discrete math and algorithms and data structures!

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I totally agree. College is lame! College jobs are lame! Having a college job that won't even allow you to go to college is also lame! Oh, and switching majors after three years of college is really lame! And having to start looking for another job to even go back to college to get another major is also lame!

    ...story of my life...

    ReplyDelete